Do you ride the bus? Carpool? Uber? Would you prefer to take the train to work, if that option were available in your area?
The Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) wants your input. They will be holding regional forums throughout the state in October and November. The purpose of these forums is to gather input on existing public transportation services, service gaps and challenges, and potential solutions from stakeholders and transit riders.
Vtrans' Public Transit upcoming regional forums will be held on the following dates & locations:
- Wed. Oct 24 9:00 a.m. - Northwestern Counseling & Support Services-Mable Room, 130 Fisher Pond Rd., St. Albans, VT
- Tues. Oct 30 9:00 a.m. - Addison County Regional Planning Commission, 14 Seminary St., Middlebury, VT
- Tues. Oct 30 2:00 p.m. - Randolph Town Offices, 7 Summer St, Randolph, VT
- Thurs. Nov 1 9:00 a.m. - Windsor Welcome Ctr. 3 Railroad Ave, Windsor, VT
- Thurs. Nov 1 2:00 p.m. - The Current Offices, 706 Rockingham Rd., Bellows Falls, VT
- Wed. Nov 14 9:00 a.m. - Hyde Park Town Office, 344 VT-15, Hyde Park, VT
- Wed. Nov 14 2:00 p.m. - Catamount Arts, 115 Eastern Ave, St. Johnsbury, VT
- Friday Nov 16 9:00 a.m. – Rutland Regional Planning Commission, 67 Merchants Row, Rutland, VT
- Friday Nov 16 1:00 p.m. – Manchester Community Library, 138 Cemetery Ave., Manchester Center, VT
- Wed. Nov 28 9:00 a.m. - Chittenden Regional Planning Commission Offices, 110 West Canal St. - Suite 202, Winooski, VT
- Wed. Nov 28 2:00 p.m. - Waterbury Town Office- Steele Room, 28 North Main St. - Suite 1, Waterbury VT
If you cannot attend any of these events in person, please provide feedback through an online interactive survey that can be found on the project website: click here.
This is your opportunity to be heard. Demand that trains be added to the mix of public transit options for Vermont. Tell VTrans: it's time for Trains!